Sunday, March 24, 2019

Update / actualización March 2019 . 11y 10 months

11 years and 10 months.
This is an update that's long overdue!
I've been keeping a note of his Language,  especially native English expressions and the input sources.
Language and expressions. It used to be easy to keep track of his Language Use, but now there's so much I just jot down examples that are noteworthy.
The following are the ones that I managed to note down:
EXAMPLE SENTENCES
These brands come up with the wackiest ideas
Phoskitos . Tumbler . Barril. 
Bet you dude perfect has made a video with those those 
I can wait to sink my teeth into this chicken. 
This chicken isn't as good, not by a long shot
Gave her a run for her money.
Stop rubbing it in my face
Growley is smelling a bag like there's no tomorrow. 
How did you get on with your cousins? 
Messed up crazy baby things. 
A sights for sore eyes
Phone me, I don't keep track of time
It was sick! 
This trick is so old-school. July 
I unloaded everything single-handedly (in supermarket)
August.  I'm lolling at everything.  
What in the World was that?! ( In surprise at result in video game)
It's gonna be epic! 
I haven't got a bull's notion! (An Irish expression he remembered )
That old guy was going up and down the street like there was no tomorrow. 
I'm in quite a bit of a pickle
I'm shedding skin 
Gravity went haywire 
My Play Station is busted
Speak of the devil, I found my mobile
Language Use in general.
He speaks fluently at a bilingual native level on all topics with occasional pauses for some words.
Input has moved now to YouTube. Especially Australian gamer ones who give tips on improving skills on Fortnight or Battlefront for example.
Apart from films in general,  he watched American TV cartoon series for his age on Netflix. With me he watches Star Trek Discovery, The Orville and Elementary.  They all have scenes which are borderline appropriate . This is where we could enter into a discussion of Internet use and the appropriateness of the content.
ADVICE
As usual, it's important to plan as much time together in your schedule where you can have language rich interactions. This sounds very formal! Just talk as much as possible .
The one area needing work is writing and spelling still. And the school is trying to help in this respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment